Laser Lipo Specialist
At A New You Aesthetics, Dr. Nalan Narine uses the most effective procedures available to provide cosmetic care to the residents of Temecula, California, and surrounding communities.
The SculpSure® laser technique produces excellent results without the extended recovery time often associated with traditional liposuction and other forms of laser liposuction.
Book Your Complimentary Consultation
Laser Lipo Q & A
by Nalan Narine, MD
What is laser liposuction?
Most forms of laser liposuction combine low-energy laser light waves with vacuum power to liquefy fat and then suction it away. A local anesthetic, such as lidocaine, is used to numb the treatment area. The doctor then makes a small incision in the skin of the targeted area and inserts a thin, hollow tube with a laser fiber attached. The laser melts the fat which is suctioned away through the tube and removed from the body. The procedure is done at the office and typically lasts 1-2 hours.
What is the SculpSure method?
SculpSure is an FDA-approved device that uses highly advanced laser technology to remove unwanted fat from areas such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, and buttocks. It’s a noninvasive and effective remedy for those last stubborn bulges that exercise and diet don’t resolve. The SculpSure laser doesn’t liquefy fat. Instead, it aims concentrated light energy at the fat cells. This damages them enough that they eventually die and are broken down and expelled naturally by your body within a few weeks. It takes about 30 minutes to complete a SculpSure session, and multiple areas can be treated at once.
What are the benefits of SculpSure compared to other laser liposuction methods?
- No incisions are required with SculpSure.
- There’s no need for general or local anesthesia with SculpSure since it’s a noninvasive and painless procedure.
- Bruising is nonexistent with SculpSure. Traditional laser liposuction causes bruising that lasts 2-3 weeks.
- Patients generally see a noticeable improvement in the appearance of unwanted fat 2-3 weeks after SculpSure, and full results occur at around 6 months. With traditional laser liposuction, individuals first have to wait for the swelling and bruising to subside and then another several weeks to experience results.
- SculpSure stimulates natural collagen production in the skin, which tightens and firms the skin naturally. While standard laser liposuction methods produce less sagging than traditional liposuction, the potential for loose and saggy skin at the treatment sites is still greater than with SculpSure.
- There’s no recovery time after a SculpSure treatment. You can return to work and other normal activities immediately. Laser liposuction requires several days to a week or more of recovery time.
- No compression garments are required following a SculpSure treatment. Individuals who opt for traditional laser liposuction wear compression garments for 3-4 weeks following the procedure.
*Individual results may vary